Brides-to-be looking to find the perfect venue, this post is for you!
Finding your dream wedding venue is no easy task, whether you’re looking for modern luxury, farmhouse rustic, or something TOTALLY unique – there’s a venue for you in Southwest Michigan. I’ve gathered up a few of the uniquely beautiful spaces I’ve photographed at and compiled them into one list, because the last thing you have time for as a newly engaged woman is spending hours scouring the internet for the perfect venue! So keep scrolling to check out my list of the best places to get married in Michigan (in no particular order)… and then send this post to a newly engaged friend!
2. R&R Wedding and Event Center is located in small town, Vicksburg, Michigan R&R states it “was designed to accommodate your unique style. Romantic, industrial, rustic, vintage, or chic” R&R has an industrial chapel for ceremonies, a beautiful reception space that you can tailor to your unique style, and even offers a covered outdoor patio and space for lawn games. Their ceremony space for up to 250 guests, and reception space for up to 300 guests.
3. Baypointe Inn Woods is located in Shelbyville, Michigan overlooking Gun Lake. Whether you’re looking for a dreamy winter wonderland or a sunny outdoor wedding, Baypoint Inn Woods fits the bill! It offers a unique equestrian style venue with modern design features. Utilize the Lawn for a romantic, nature inspired outdoor ceremony and/ or the Ballroom for a picturesque indoor location, including their floor to ceiling stone fireplace. (Blake and Tara & Dirk and Laura)
4. The Barn at Monterey Valley. This family owned property is located in Allegan, Michigan on a former fruit farm and has been in the Dendel family for over 150 years. You’ll find it in the hills of Monterey Township on 80 private acres. If you’re looking for a private, rustic venue, look no further! Make use of the open air chapel with option to add the vintage stained glass windows as a backdrop for your ceremony for the perfect unique touch, utilize the beautiful landscaping for unique portraits, then head to the barn to dance the night away!
5. Railside Golf Club is just outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan in Byron Center. Utilize their perfectly groomed lawn for your outdoor ceremony and the Union Pavilion for your reception. Union Pavilion is a stunning indoor reception venue for up to 300 guests with vaulted ceilings, exposed wood beams, chandelier lighting, and a massive stone fireplace. Step through the floor-to-ceiling glass doors on to a patio with panoramic views of rolling green lawn.
6. Your own backyard. If you’re looking for a wedding venue that no one can ever replicate, take a page out of Joey and my book and transform your own backyard (or the backyard of a family member) into the outdoor venue of your dreams. A perfect option for smaller weddings during Michigan spring, summer, or fall. If you’re looking for something intimate, truly unique, and custom tailored to your tastes, look no further than out your own window.
BONUS: Blue Heron Barn. While I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot a wedding at this venue yet, I do have some weddings scheduled in 2022! I can personally vouch for this one because this is the venue Joey and I were supposed to get married at before the pandemic came along and altered our plans.
Which of these venues is your favorite? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!